PRSA Health Academy Call for Elections
PRSA Health Academy is looking for new officers and applications are being accepted now. I have served for nearly ten years and due to term limits will have to step down, but it has been a great experience that I highly recommend if you want to advance your career, sharpen your leadership skills and collaborate with leaders from all walks of the healthcare industry.
Call for Health Academy Executive Committee Elections
The PRSA 2014 Health Academy Executive Committee ballot is being prepared, and there are seven open at-large seats, open for three-year terms.
By serving as a leader of the Health Academy, you’ll:
- Build your network through collaborative relationships with fellow volunteers and practitioners.
- Shape the direction of health care public relations by addressing common challenges, as well as connecting with industry thought leaders.
- Deepen your awareness of cutting-edge trends in professional development across health care settings.
- Raise your and your employer’s profile in the public relations community.
Members of the Executive Committee for the Health Academy become Section leaders. They are asked to:
- Join the monthly executive committee conference calls to discuss, and review progress toward, the Executive Committee’s strategic goals.
- Manage at least one specific project or committee assignment.
- Attend the Health Academy Executive Committee’s annual all-day planning retreat at the PRSA offices in New York City in December 2014. The date will be announced by Sept. 15.
- Come to Cleveland, Ohio, for the Health Academy’s Annual Conference on May 7-9. 2015. The Section’s annual conference is an integral part of your volunteer position on the Executive Committee.
Only PRSA Health Academy members in good standing may run for the Executive Committee. In addition, PRSA does not reimburse for travel expenses.
If you are interested in serving on the Health Academy Executive Committee, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday (5:00 p.m. EDT), Sept 19.
- A professional bio (max. 300 words).
- Brief description of your skills, what you would hope to contribute to the Health Academy and the Executive Committee (max. 100 words).
- recent headshot.